Re-roofing (installing one layer of shingles over an existing ONE layer of shingles) is a financially advantageous option to a tear off if:
- Your roof does not leak
- You have 3-tab shingles; NOT architectural
- Your shingles are lying flat to the roof; NOT warping or curling
- Reroofing does NOT affect the life of the new shingles
- Reroofing still carries GAF’s lifetime warranty
- All new roofs have to go through a “Sealing Season” (to heat up the shingles) to be able to hold up to the maximum wind speed
- GAF’s lifetime roofing system is the industry leader in performance!